Saturday, December 20, 2008

The Peverett Phile Interviews: Amanda Marsh

Hi there, it's Saturday. Welcome to the third Peverett Phile Interview. Today's interview is with singer, songwriter  Amanda Marsh. So, without any further ado, here's Amanda.



Me: First of, Amanda, you are one of the most photogenic people I have ever interviewed. You don't take bad pictures, do you?

Amanda: Oh yes I do. I just like to click delete on those. But thank you.

Me: Do you like doing photoshoots?

Amanda: I love doing photoshoots. Its always fun to get dressed up and pose.

Me: I purchased all three of your songs on iTunes. When is your album coming out?

Amanda: Thank you so much! My album will be out early next year 2009!

Me: Starting tomorrow (Dec. 2nd) you are going to be filming a pilot. What can you tell the readers of the Phile about it?

Amanda: The show is called “Anywhere.” The script is amazing and was written for my brother and me and our music. Patrick Norris is the Director and he has done tons of my favorite TV shows such as Gossip Girls, Greek, Chuck, Army Wives, Friday Night Lights and Dawson’s Creek. Filming “Anywhere” was one of the best experiences of my life. I can’t wait til I can tell everyone when it will be on!!

Me: You and your brother Travis seem very close. How long have you been performing together?

Amanda: We’ve been performing at the house since Travis was born. But we’ve been having shows together this past year.

Me: I maybe wrong with this, but music wise you have been very lucky real quick. How was Nashville and what was it like recording at Reba's Starstruck Studios? Is that where you met Joe Walsh and Slash?

Amanda: Recording at Starstruck was amazing. The studio was beautiful and I absolutely adored Nashville and all of the people in Nashville. I met Joe Walsh and Slash at a camp in Las Vegas. Singing “Sweet Child of Mine” with Slash was one of the most exciting moments. Hearing that song always brings a smile to my face.

Me: My dad knew Skunk Baxter of the Doobie Brothers and Steely Dan, who played pedal steel guitar on your songs. How did you meet him and how did you get him to play?

Amanda: I met Skunk through one of my producers, Bruce Kulick. He was awesome on the pedal steel.

Me: Bruce Kulick of KISS is another person you worked with. Producing your music, how did that go? It's kinda like Mutt Lange hooking up with Shania Twain.

Amanda: Bruce is a wonderful musician. We co-wrote “Everyday” and “Be Where You Are” together. His guitar skills are off the chain.

Me: Okay, you live on a farm in California... I hope the fires there recently are far way from where you live. You play a lot of shows around California, but with your album coming out, are you planning on touring the States? Any chance you'll be coming to Orlando?

Amanda: Last year we got evacuated and our front yard burned. No fires this year though. Thank God. I’m definitely planning on touring the U.S. If you sign up with your email on my myspace profile, I can keep you updated.

Me: What does your boyfriend think of your music? And if you don't have a boyfriend, why not?

Amanda: Music is my boyfriend. <3 class="Apple-style-span" style="color: rgb(204, 0, 0);">http://www. mavric-awards. com/02_vote. html and vote for Travis and me. Also, please add me on Facebook and Myspace. com/amandamarshmusic!! And www. myspace. com/travismarsh1.

Me: And finally, thanks for taking time out to do this interview. Do you have any advice for people that want to start in the singing business?

Amanda: Def starting writing your own songs and a good place to start performing is local open mics. My brother and I went to those for a long time. Its an awesome place to perfect your performing skills and meet fellow musicians.

Me: Thanks, Amanda, for doing this interview. Looking forward to your album in '09. Ladies and gentlemen, that was Amanda Marsh.



Tomorrow, phans, another interview with Barb Eis from the great band GSP. Yes, another on Sunday. In fact, keep checking, because I have lots of interviews to post and want to get them posted real quick. So, spread the word, not the turd. Thanks again to Amanda Marsh, and check out her music.


No comments:

Followers