Sunday, August 4, 2013

Pheaturing Bert Hoover From Cab 20


Hello, welcome to the Phile, I'm your host Jason Peverett, the 12th Doctor in "Doctor Who". Haha. My grandmother used to say to me, "One day you're gonna be Doctor Who." And I would say, "His name is the Doctor, not Doctor Who."  Here's some good news, Private Bradley Manning called WikiLeaks and turned over a million documents, and then he was found not guilty of leaking. He was delighted so he celebrated with his brothers, Eli and Peyton.  Former governor of New York Eliot Spitzer has now gone on record as saying that Anthony Weiner is not fit to be mayor. Well, that's good enough for me. That's all I needed to hear.  Illegal border crossings in California are way down this month, especially in San Diego. It's because people are scared they might get groped by the mayor if they come across. Have you heard this story? Seven women have come forward to say they've been sexually harassed by San Diego Mayor Bob Filner. The mayor has agreed to intensive rehab therapy. They say it's a 12-step program. Here's a simple 12-step program: Just stay 12 steps away from all women.  According to the New York Post, the Clintons are really angry about being compared to the Weiners, and rightly so. Bill Clinton took his sexual conduct seriously. Anthony Weiner just phones it in.  The other day on Fox News, Donald Trump said there is something 'mentally wrong' with Anthony Weiner. He said, "That guy is dangerous, unstable, and disgusting. So look for him next season on 'Celebrity Apprentice'." Russian President Vladimir Putin was on vacation last week, and apparently he caught a giant 46-pound fish. Putin called it a crowning achievement, while the manager of the aquarium said, "What am I supposed to do? He's president."  Buckingham Palace released another picture of Kate, William and George. Wanna see it?


He's so cute, he shot his first peasant. He looks like Elmer Fudd. Haha.  Yesterday I showed you a road sign that said 'Slow Ride Take It Easy' that my friend Jeff sent me. Well, another reader also sent me a road sign that looks like it's in England.


That's pretty good.  Well, it's Sunday and somewhere in Texas a church is having a
Texas Testicle Festival. I don't know what that is, but if you don't believe me, look at this real banner.


That's just not right.  Alright, well, it's still summer and all through summer I have been showing you some phascinating swimming pools. Here's the latest a Phile reader sent me...


It's the deepest indoor swimming pool. Nemo 33 is actually 34.5 meter deep. The last 1.5 meters was supposed to be used to place an extra filter to keep the water clear. It turned out that they didn't need the extra filter, so Nemo33 is a little bit deeper than originally planned. And now, from the home office in Port Jefferson, New York, here is this week's...


Top Phive Similarities And Differences Between Edward Snowden And OJ Simpson
5. Gained fame for his determined running.
4. Is known to close friends as "Nordberg".
3. Can competently catch and throw a football.
2. Was invited to Julian Assange's pool party last month.
And the number one similarity and difference between Snowden and Simpson...
1. Knows how to say "May I please have asylum" in 14 languages.



It's 10:07, 85 degrees and Kelly faces export ban over Jane Austen ring. This is complete bullshit. No one from UK would love ring more than Kelly.


Alright, well, it's time for our good phriend to tell us a story. He's a patriot, singer and renaissance man. Please welcome back to the Phile... Laird Jim.


Good morning, humans. Monday just texted me "I'm on my way... enjoy the last of your weekend, jackass!" Nasty little prick, he is. At All American Burger getting a vanilla shake and I notice this soccer mom bitching out her young daughter for crying over her shake that just spilled onto the pavement. I put the straw in my just paid for shake, handed it to the little girl, leaned over and whispered into mom's ear, "Stop being such a cunt... before you turn her into YOU." I believe, my work here is done.




He said the c-word again. LOL. Good job, Laird. Alright, if you spot the Mind Phuck email me at thepeverettphile@gmail.com.





Today's pheatured guest is the lead singer and guitarist for the band Cab 20 whose latest release "Holy Denim Faded Vibrations" is available on iTunes. What a great name of an album. Please welcome to the Phile... Bert Hoover.


Me: Hey, Bert, welcome to the Phile. How are you?

Bert: I'm great.

Me: Where are you guys from? California, right?

Bert: We are all from California. Jason and I are from El Segundo. Eric is from Fullerton.

Me: Your band Cab 20 has been described as The Faces and more recently The Black Keys. How would you describe your music?

Bert: Rock & roll.

Me: Well, that narrows it down. You guys seem so young, I cannot imagine what bands you listened to growing up these last few years.

Bert: We listen to a bit of everything. The juke box in my living room consist of Johnny Cash, Sly & the Family Stone, Nirvana, The Racontuers, FIDLAR and more.

Me: So, who is in the band, Bert?

Bert: Mtself, Jason Almanza and Eric Contreras.

Me: Where did you all meet? In school I am guessing.

Bert: Eric was in a different band and we would play a bunch of shows together. Our first drummer left so he decided to join. We found Jason through the Internet. He coincidentally lived across town.

Me: I downloaded your album "Holy Denim Faded Vibrations" and your EP "Cactus" off from iTunes. And I enjoyed them both. You are currently working on a new EP. Why did you follow up albums with an EP

Bert: I think it was our managers idea to have us do an EP. I don't think we were ready to do another album at the time.

Me: I have to ask you about this, you guys were featured on the show "Shark Tank". How did that happen?

Bert: Tom (our manager) got us on it. I guess he knew someone.

Me: I love reality TV shows but have never watched "Shark Tank". What is the premise of the show and how did you guys fit in?

Bert: Someone pitches an idea to a group of investors and they decide if they want to fund said idea. Our pitch was Cab 20.

Me: I am sure it helped with the sales of your music, am I right?

Bert: Yeah.

Me: Bert, you play a Sears Roebuck guitar mostly, am I right? I love those guitars. Have you heard of Dexter Romweber? He plays those guitars as well. He used to be in the band Flat Duo Jets.

Bert: I play mostly vintage guitars like Silvertone and Harmony. Flat Duo Jets are rad, they are also in my juke box.

Me: I am guessing you kids play all over California. Are you planning on touring the country?

Bert: We play mostly in the LA area. We are slowly expanding. Hopefully we will be touring in the near future.

Me: Do you guys do any covers in your shows?

Bert: We used to, but not really anymore. Most recently we covered "No Friend of Mine" by the Swamp Rats.

Me: Hey, I didn't ask you about the band name Cab 40. Where does it come from?

Bert: The old bassist and I we're shooting names around and that one stuck.

Me: Thanks so much for being here,  Bert, you kids rock. Go ahead and plug your websites and please come back soon when the new release comes out.

Bert: Thanks for having us. Cab20music.com.

Me: All the best, guys. "Holy Denim Faded Vibrations" is available on iTunes now. Great album.




They're a great band, but I have to admit, that wasn't the best interview. I blame most of it on me. Haha. Anyway, that about does it for this entry. Thanks to Laird Jim and Bert Hoover. The Phile will be back tomorrow with singer Jenn Bostic. Next Saturday it's jazz singer Stephanie Nakasian. Sunday it's the guys from the band Blade of Grass and Monday it's singer and musician Adam Daniel. Spread the word, not the turd. Don't let snakes and alligators bite you. Bye, love you, bye. Strawberry Blondes Forever!


No comments:

Followers