Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A Peverett Phile Extra: Could This Be The End?

Hello, phans, I know it's not Thursday... that's tomorrow, but I just received an e-mail I would like to share with you and I couldn't wait until tomorrow. Anyway, here is the e-mail and I will tell you after you read it how it would affect the Phile.

Dear AOL Journals user,

We’re sorry to inform you that on Oct. 31, 2008, AOL® Journals will be shut down permanently. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

It’s very important that you save your Journals content before the shutdown. We're working on a way to easily move your Journal to another blogging service -- you can expect an email within the next week with more details about how to do it. We want the transition to go as smoothly as possible for you, so you’ll have two choices. You can either save your information manually and find another place to blog on your own, or choose to automatically transfer your Journal to a different blogging service we’ve selected.

In the meantime, please bookmark the People Connection Blog, where you can find out more about AOL Journals. You can also subscribe to the People Connection Blog RSS feed to stay informed about any changes. We’ll be updating the People Connection Blog often, so please check it regularly.

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we make this transition.

Sincerely,

The AOL Journals Team

So, what do you think? Is this the end of the Phile? I have been doing it since Jan. 2006, so I hope not. This is what I plan: I am going to wait and see what other blog service site AOL will decide for the Phile and see what I can do. In the meantime, inbetween time, I will update the Phile all the way through October then see what happens. Check the Phile's Myspace page to see if there is any further updates after October or send me your e-mail to Jaypea68@aol.com and I will personally let you know. Until then, spread the word, not the turd.
Jason

No comments:

Followers